Everyone is different and no two end-of-life situations, or death doula pricing plans, are the same. My pricing is based on the services you choose, how much time you need, where you live, and your ability to pay.
How Much Does a Death Doula Cost?
Insurance doesn’t cover death doula work. In the Lakeview East/Wrigleyville/North Halsted area of Chicago, my services generally cost $175 an hour with a two-hour minimum. However, this varies a lot.
I charge $50 for an initial consultation and if you decide to utilize my services, that amount is deducted from the initial package you select.
This charge for the initial consultation is because I spend about a half-hour of my time with you, during which the following will occur (some of which depends on your particular circumstances):
- You will meet, via phone or Zoom, with me – an experienced end-of-life doula.
- You will have the opportunity to explain your circumstances and needs.
- I will provide you with a plan, pricing package, and contract that are directly applicable to your specific situation.
- I will inform you about the various options available to you.
- Your questions and/or concerns will be addressed.
- Along with end-of-life information, I will discuss options for your care team or loved ones and provide creative approaches to consider.
My consultation is designed to assist those who are looking for a death doula for themselves or loved ones. It can also assist those who simply seek 30 minutes with a qualified end-of-life doula to discuss their situation and make a plan of action. Our initial consultation can meet either of these goals, and more.
To schedule a consultation, email me at email@example.com or fill out the form below.