Anitya Doula Services helps you spend more of your time focusing on loved ones.
Our pre and post-death services include:
- Companioning through end-of-life journey: virtual or in-person visits between doula and client, as often as needed, for emotional, logistical and/or spiritual support.
- Care coordination: doula serves as point person to organize care activities (grocery shopping, cleaning, driving to appointments, cooking meals, etc.) among loved ones and share information to lessen the burden on client.
- Connecting client with appropriate local resources: hundreds of options for pre and post-death services in every community, helping connect with whatever clients choose.
- Creating advance care directives: doula helps client explore personal end-of-life choices and implements written directives or plans for those choices.
- Discussing funeral/memorial service: doula assists and attends to ensure everything is done according to the client’s wishes, taking the burden off his/her/their shoulders.
- Getting personal, spiritual and emotional affairs in order: doula assists in helping client connect with estranged loved ones, forgive or seek forgiveness, show gratitude or anything that might be needed to bring about peace and joy at this stage of life.
- Writing obituaries/eulogies/social media posts: doula writes according to the client’s wishes and approval, please click here for samples to read.
- Coordinating visits between client and loved ones: doula facilitates and serves as point person for virtual and in-person visits, helping create an atmosphere where visitors feel comfortable sharing sacred and sometimes sad space with humor and grace.
- Creating a legacy project: doula and client create a gift that will be left to loved ones, such as a recipe book, life story, time capsule, letters, etc.
- Making the home or space calm/comfortable to facilitate a peaceful death: doula supplies anything the client requests such as candles, essential oils, soft music, and utilizing prayer, readings, and any rituals needed to help transitioning.
- Guided imagery and meditation: doula can help client manage stress and anxiety with mindfulness and attention to breath.
- Bereavement care for friends and loved ones: in-person or virtual visits to provide comfort and support between doula and loved ones, both leading up to and after death, as needed.
Services do not include:
- Medical care
- Legal advice
- House cleaning/cooking
- Will preparation
- Hands-on care
- Mental health counseling
- Musical therapy
Clinical trials show promising results that some end-of-life anxiety can be relieved by therapeutic use of psychedelics. Unfortunately, this medicine is still illegal in most parts of the United States. In the name of harm reduction, we will be exploring trip sitting services. Talk to your mental health counselor and check back for updates.